During a week when so many country music fans have found themselves underneath a virtual layer of clouds as a result of the Las Vegas festival shootings, leave it to Tim McGraw and Faith Hill to show up with some sunshine.
In the early morning hours of Oct. 6, the two country music powerhouses revealed more details of their first album together. That album, titled “The Rest of Our Life,” is set for release on Nov. 17, and features 11 songs including the CMA Award-nominated single “Speak to a Girl.”
And yes, the news gets even better.
The pair not only released a new single, “The Rest of Our Life,” but also an accompanying video for the infectious song, which was co-written by none other than Ed Sheeran. The video showcases the acting talents of the couple, as they play themselves in a sequence that has them arguing in the back of a limo, standing out in the rain and finally making up in a diner in the middle of nowhere.
It’s the story of Tim and Faith — and it’s the story of us. Life isn’t always easy, but God gives us people that will stick with us, no matter how many much rain heads our way. Throw in Tim hitting those high notes near the end and, well, swoon!
Here’s the track listing and impressive writing credits for the new album, which also includes contributions from Meghan Trainor, Lori McKenna, Snow Patrol’s Johnny McDaid and a who’s who of Nashville’s A-list writers.
1. The Rest of Our Life (Ed Sheeran/Amy Wadge/Johnny McDaid/Steve Mac)
2. Telluride (Jon Randall/Jessi Alexander)
3. The Bed We Made (Lori McKenna/Liz Rose/Hillary Lindsey)
4. Cowboy Lullaby (Brett James/Brett Beavers)
5. Break First (Emily Weisband/Ashley Gorley/Jerry Flowers)
6. Love Me to Lie (Hayley Warner/Maureen McDonald/Nathan Chapman)
7. Sleeping in the Stars (Jaida Dreyer/Mark Irwin/Gareth Dunlop)
8. Damn Good at Holding On (Lori McKenna/Barry Dean)
9. Devil Callin’ Me Back (Jesse Frasure/Ben Caver/Nolan Sipe)
10. Speak to a Girl (Shy Carter/Dave Gibson/Joe Spargur)
11. Roll the Dice (Shy Carter/Bobby Hammrick/James LeBlanc/Meghan Trainor)